I mate of mind has just bought a pair of JBL 2344A Bi-Radial Horn plus drivers and is bragging that these leave the Altec 511B / 811B horns for dead in any application regarding HiFi. Is my mate right in what he is saying or just sour grapes because he can't find any Altec gear??
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
If he likes them better than Altecs they're right for him. For some of us Altecs are better. Nothing is absolute.
Just agree with him the JBLs are better for him and he'll be disarmed.
Have to agree with bfish.....
Nothing has been created that can do it all yet.
Unfortunately I can tell you from experience that your taste will change as you get OLDER.
There is no right or wrong with most high end Altec and JBL, just a matter of taste.
However, I will stick with my Altecs.![]()
Bookmarks